Brushing aside the fat-to-fit success stories of Bollywood celebs who struggled hard and toiled and tormented themselves for a fab bod, here’s a quick glimpse of the opposite. All those Bollywood celebs who were once immensely popular but have now not only vanished from public memory, they are a far cry from their young, fit selves.
1. CHANDRACHUR SINGH walked into cinema as a debut actor with chocolatey looks. He was offbeat, did a variety of roles and is still remembered for ‘chappa chappa charkha chale’. We were flabbergasted upon seeing how he looks now.
2. TANUSHREE DUTTA’s current avatar definitely will. She was the ultra glam doll with curves to die for, albeit now, she has too many of those curves! Ah, and some chubby cheeks too.
3. FARDEEN KHAN was the fresh hunk in Bollywood, and also the crush of a million women. A few films, ramp walks, and brand endorsements later — cut to one fine day when he was caught red handed buying drugs — his Bollywood career fell prey to the law of gravity, so much so that he never returned. At a recent prayer meet of a Bollywood celeb, Fardeen Khan was clicked in his current fat avatar.
4. KIRTI REDDY, the bubby debutante in ‘Tera Jadoo Chal Gaya’ opposite Abhishek Bachchan got overnight fame post the film (though the movie crashed), courtesy her cute face. But who knew that face will one day vanish and be seen only when it has expanded to unimaginable proportions! Kirti got married a couple of years ago, after trying her hand in South films.
5. HIMANSHU MALIK was always known for his chiselled physique. But who knew this hunk would soon fall into the category of eligible villains courtesy the layers of fat on his face and body!